The Analysis of Strategic Development Plans for Pilot Schools in the Girls in Science Project ContinuesAugust 16, 2023, 09:49
Experts from the Roza Otunbaeva Initiative Foundation are currently engaged in an in-depth analysis of the strategic development plans for the UNICEF Girls in Science Project. The focus is on modern approaches and educational requirements, particularly in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), as well as the integration of social and gender-sensitive interventions.
From August 1 to August 10, 2023, project expert Jeinishbek Urumov conducted an analysis of development plans in seven pilot schools in the Suzak district and nine schools in Kyzyl Kyia town. The analysis encompassed the following aspects:
· Adherence of the structure and content of development plans to modern requirements.
· Involvement of all stakeholders in the formulation of development plans and annual strategies.
· Incorporation of monitoring activities into the plans and availability of collaborative monitoring and evaluation strategies.
· Integration of teaching and learning initiatives for STEM education into development plans.
· Inclusion of educational and developmental activities aimed at promoting STEM education.
· Implementation of activities to identify and nurture the talents of gifted children, particularly in STEM education.
· Integration of gender-sensitive activities in the development plans of schools and educational organizations, as well as in the plans of district (city) education departments.
This analysis is a component of a comprehensive research program that has thus far encompassed 25 schools in the Alamedin and Issyk-Ata districts of the Chui region, as well as the Kochkor and At-Bashy districts of the Naryn region.
Based on the outcomes of the analysis of the development plans of all 50 pilot schools participating in the Girls in Science project, training sessions and consultations will be extended to school principals to guide them in creating contemporary, long-term school development plans.
The proposed development plans for these educational institutions will be unveiled during the August meeting and subsequently submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic for review and dissemination to all educational institutions across the nation.
The "Girls in Science" project by UNICEF is being executed in collaboration with the Roza Otunbaeva Initiative Foundation, the Child Protection Center, and the AUCA Innovation College.