Dedicated to the 10th Anniversary of the Foundation: 2012January 16, 2022, 23:54
In January 2012 the International Public Foundation "Roza Otunbayeva Initiative" was established.
This year the Foundation is celebrating its 10th anniversary and this event is an occasion to take some stock in accomplishments.
Over these years we have done important and significant work, which was aimed at:
· Promoting human development, enhancing civic participation, and strengthening civil society;
· Carrying out educational, cultural, environmental and charitable programs and projects;
· Supporting peacebuilding initiatives and expanding the platforms for communication on international political, economic and humanitarian cooperation.
Numerous initiatives and projects of the Foundation target children and adults, young people and the elderly, residents of the capital city and remote regions of the country, educational, cultural, medical institutions, kindergartens, schools, universities, museums, theatres and libraries.
In this anniversary year, we invite you to remember how it all began, talk about all the initiatives and projects implemented over these ten years, show what results we have achieved and, of course, share our plans for the future.
2012 - the first year of the Foundation's work was marked by the launch of several initiatives and large-scale projects:
· A project to promote state policy on pre-school education issues "Preparatory Year for School";
· The first Forum of compatriots "Mekendeshter”;
· A cycle of classical music lectures and concerts for schoolchildren entitled "Together with Music";
· “Discover Asia” - awareness-raising and educational initiative;
· “The School of Childhood” - a series of regular open lectures and training courses for parents, teachers, educators, psychologists and students.
At the initiative of the founder of the Foundation, Roza Isakovna Otunbayeva, work to promote the value of reading and literature among the young generation of Kyrgyzstan was started practically from the first days.
In 2012, the Foundation organised several study tours (experience exchange visits) for the professional and expert communities of the Kyrgyz Republic to countries such as Bangladesh, China and India.
In that year, the Foundation actively cooperated with the Association of Microfinance Institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic in preparing an analysis and recommendations for amendments and additions to the draft law on microfinance activities. These additions and amendments were considered during several meetings, including the National Forum of the Association of Microfinance Institutions in March 2012 and a high-level meeting between the two parliamentary committees in June 2012.
More on all of these and many other initiatives and projects will follow in our next stories.
Don't miss out!