Invitation to participate in the selection of CVsOctober 25, 2021, 05:50
The Roza Otunbayeva Initiative International Public Foundation (IPF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in January 2012 with the aim of initiating and implementing programs and projects that can contribute to the social, political, economic development and environmental protection of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Foundation is also actively engaged in publishing activities, which are recognized for the promotion of world and national literature among children and young people.
More information about the Foundation is available at www.roza.kg.
As part of its book publishing programme and to update its database of translators, the Foundation is seeking applications for highly qualified translators. Candidates who have passed the preselection procedure (minimum qualification requirements) will be included in the database for translation services.
A database of translators is being updated to publish fiction on the following topics:
- Lives of Remarkable People (books about world statesmen)
The base of translators in the following language areas is being formed:
1. English - Kyrgyz
2. English - Russian
3. Russian - Kyrgyz
4. French - Kyrgyz
5. German – Kyrgyz
Minimum qualification requirements
1. At least 5 years of experience in written language translation of fiction
2. Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
3. Perfect mastery of the Kyrgyz language
4. Good knowledge of special terminology, both in the original language and in the language of translation
5. In-depth knowledge of literature and literary editing skills
6. In-depth knowledge of public administration
7. Good knowledge of the characteristics of language groups
8. High level of analytical thinking
9. Ability to process a large amount of information
10. Availability of translated books and publications
Applicants are invited to apply by e-mail to email@example.com with "Database of Interpreters of the Foundation" and obligatory indication of the language area.
Applications must be sent by 6 p.m., November 5, 2021.
Interested persons must submit to demonstrate their qualifications:
· A personal resume, including past experience in similar projects
· Previously translated materials in electronic form (fiction books, publications, etc.)
Successful candidates will be included in the Foundation's translator database. The database will be updated once a year.
Subsequent recruitment procedure as the need for services arises:
· Searching the database of translators in a particular subject and language area, to select at least five qualified translators;
· Request for the selected translators to get acquainted with the terms of reference and submit a technical and financial proposal for the test assignment (translation of a fragment of the book) within 3-5 working days;
· Review of the proposals by the editorial board;
· Selection of the translator on the basis of the best quality of translation;
· Drawing up an individual contract;
Please note that inclusion in the database does not guarantee a contract with the Foundation.